Nick is a StoryBrand Certified Guide, not to mention a retired NFL punter, and sought-after expert in the world of work. His career highlights include award-winning tenures at CareerBuilder, Monster, and Indeed where he worked to optimize the effectiveness of F500 National Accounts across industries. His candid insights have been featured in national US media like USA Today, US News & World Report, Fox News, Inc., Reader’s Digest, and more.
Nick Murphy – Podcast Notes
1. Founder’s Story and Motivations
a. helping people bridge to their next “thing” without jeopardizing their current state
2. Problem Solving as an Entrepreneur and Inspiring Others
3. Nick’s book: “Unboxed: An Unfiltered Guide to Creating a Career on Your Terms”
a. Why a corporate career is incongruent with our humanity
4. Transform U Podcast
a. There are other ways to make money and make a living
b. He was inspired by someone asking him “what are you doing that’s really worth a damn?”
5. What Nick learned from being coached in his sports career
a. Accountability and resilience
b. Can’t beat yourself up over things that are done
6. Bringing his sports experience to clients/coaching
a. “Life is a big game; we can play it as we like.”
b. Need to slow down in order to speed up.
7. Choosing the right influencers/mentors
a. Priority and energy management
8. Success Habits
a. Energy, Health, and Happiness – all three combined give him what he needs to be present for others
b. Don’t fall victim to the BS that is the hustle and grind of entrepreneurship. Find balance.
c. “Slow the **** down!”
9. Reflecting on his 100th birthday
a. Nick “made me think differently about things.”